Arts and Athletics Inc is an equal opportunity employer, always on the lookout for talented, dedicated educators. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Arts and Athletics programs are licensed by the New York State Department of Health and our hiring process complies with the requirements of the Office of the Children and Family Services (OCFS). The steps of the hiring process are displayed below, with a brief explanation of each component.
New Applicant Information
To begin the application process, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a position opens up, we will send you a link to our Applicant Information Online Form.
New York State Forms–Background Check
• Form 6001: Child Care Provider, Staff, Volunteer and Household Member Information
• Form 6005: Criminal Conviction Statement (CCS). This is a sworn statement. If you have been convicted of a crime you must record all convictions. This form must be signed and dated.
• Form 6022: Request for Staff Exclusion List Check (SEL). The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) maintains a Vulnerable Persons Central Register. That register includes a Staff Exclusion List (SEL) containing the names of individuals who have committed serious acts of abuse. The SEL must be checked as part of the comprehensive background check process for the individual.
• Form 3370: Statewide Central Register Database Check (SCR). Please record every place you have lived for the past 28 years or birth (whichever is longer). Record both month and year, and there can be no gaps between dates. Please include complete addresses, including building and apartment numbers. International addresses must be included. The purpose of the SCR is to check that there are no instances of child abuse or maltreatment associated with your household.
• Form 4930: Request for NYS Fingerprinting Services. Click here to schedule a fingerprint appointment. The 4930 form that we send you will include information of the acceptable forms of identification you will need to bring with you to the appointment. There is no charge for this service, but please bring a copy of your receipt to us with your other forms.
New York State Forms–Medical Clearance
• Form 6004: Employee Medical Statement This two-page document requires you to have an exam by a doctor and be given a Tuberculosis (TB) test. The doctor must fill out the form, sign and date it.
Online Training Requirements
• Early Childhood Education and Training Program (ECETP) Foundations in Health and Safety e-Learning As an employee of a program with a SACC License, you are required to complete this course online and submit to us a certificate of completion. Click here for a complete explanation of that process.
• Anti-Sexual Harassment Training Under New York State Local Law 96 of 2018, employers with 15 or more employees are required to conduct annual anti-sexual harassment training for all employees. You are required to complete this course online and submit to us a certificate of completion. Click here for more information on that process.
Tax, Employment Eligibility, and Direct Deposit Forms
• Form I-9 with Acceptable Document(s) The I-9 (click here for fillable PDF) is an employment eligibility form required by the Department of Homeland Security. This form must be filled out completely, signed and dated. This requires a copy of the documentation you have used to complete the Form I-9. The Form I-9 includes a list of what documentations may be used to prove eligibility.
• Form W-4 This document will ensure the correct federal income tax is withheld from your paycheck.
• Form IT-2104 This document will ensure the correct NY State income tax is withheld from your paycheck.
• Direct Deposit Form If you wish to be paid by direct deposit, please complete this form and submit a voided check.