Tournament participation is an important element of a child’s development as a chess player. Not only are these events fun an exciting, tournaments also increase children’s focus and deepen their interest in the game. To promote the children’s participation, the Arts and Athletics chess coaches attend tournaments and review children’s games with them.
P.S. 9 Chess Tournaments (use guest registration option if you do not have an Arts and Athletics Account)
Sunday, December 10, 2023, register here.
Sunday, January 7, 2024, register here
Sunday, February 11, 2024, register here
Sunday, March 17, 2024, register here
Sunday, April 7, 2024, register here
Sunday, May 12, 2024, register here
Sunday, June 9, 2024, register here
100 W 84th St, New York, NY 10024
Nearest Trains: 1 train to 79th or 86th Street, B or C trains at 81st or 86th Street
• Unrated – unrated players U300 (4 rounds, no clock)
• Novice – U600 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Reserve – USCF Under 900 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Advanced – USCF Over 900 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
Tie-breaks: Modified Median, Solkoff.
All sections start at 10:00 a.m., please arrive between 9:00 am – 9:30 am.
Arrivals after 10:00 a.m. will play the second round and receive a half point bye.
Players in rated sections should bring clocks and score sheets.
USCF membership is required for all sections, except Unrated.
Please bring a chess clock if you have one. If neither player has a clock, one will be used for the end of game at the tournament director’s discretion.
- Trophies to top 5 in each section
- Medals to top scorers
- Team Awards to top 3 schools in each section (Three to make a team, Top 4 Scores Count)
- Participation Prize for all participants
- $45 – Early Bird Registration Fee
- $50 – Registration fee in place 5 days before event and day of by 9:30 AM
You can purchase a scholastic membership for your child at the following link:
FOOD AND DRINK:
Snacks, drinks, and pizza available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the PS 9 PA
Contact Us: 212-621-9166, email@example.com