Tournament participation is an important element of a child’s development as a chess player. Not only are these events fun an exciting, tournaments also increase children’s focus and deepen their interest in the game. To promote the children’s participation, the Arts and Athletics chess coaches attend tournaments and review children’s games with them.
P.S. 9 March Tournament
Saturday, March 4th, 2023.
Click here to register. ( If you do not have an Arts and Athletics account you can register as a guest.)
100 W 84th St, New York, NY 10024
Nearest Trains: 1 train to 79th or 86th Street, B or C trains at 81st or 86th Street
• K-1 Unrated – unrated players U300 (4 rounds, no clock)
• Novice – U400 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Reserve – USCF Under 700 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
• Advanced – USCF Over 700 (4 rounds, G/25 d5)
Tie-breaks: Modified Median, Solkoff.
All sections start at 10:00 a.m., please arrive between 9:00 a.m – 9:30AM.
Arrivals after 10:00 a.m. will play the second round and receive a half point bye.
Players in rated sections should bring clocks and score sheets.
USCF membership is required for all sections, except Unrated.
Please bring a chess clock if you have one. If neither player has a clock, one will be used for the end of game at the tournament director’s discretion.
• Trophies to top 5 in each section
• Medals to top scorers
• Team Awards to top 3 schools in each section (Three to make a team, Top 4 Scores Count)
• Participation Prize for all participants
• $45 – Registration Fee
• $50 on site on Saturday, March 4th, 2022 by 9:30
Online Registration: http://artsandathletics.org/chess/tournaments/
You can purchase a scholastic membership for you child at the following link:
Covid Vaccination Policy: In order to enter the building with your child, you must show a valid ID and proof of vaccination at the front desk.
FOOD AND DRINK:
Snacks, drinks, and pizza available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the PS 9 PA.
Contact Us: 212-621-9166, email@example.com